Don’t let the bookshop name fool you. Country Books is a blog set up to help avid readers like you to find and review the latest (and greatest) reading material around. Whether you’re here looking for the best types of novels by iconic writers, or are simply looking for reviews of recent published works, we can certainly help.
We’re also not a faceless, corporate blog. I’m James, and it’s my mission to keep this blog up to date and create the type of resource for readers that is going to introduce new books and past works to the masses.
Latest Posts & Content
- Are bookshelf speakers worth it?So you’re enjoying your bookshelf and the display of your books, photo frames or other decorations in your home and you’re thinking – does this bookshelf need some speakers? We say yes, absolutely! Read on to find out what type of speaker would best suit your needs. What exactly are bookshelf speakers? Bookshelf speakers […]
- 7 Ways To Make Your Own BookcaseLooking for small bookshelf ideas? In the age of COVID, everyone wants to have a professional-looking background during a video call, whether you’ve got a conference call or a job interview. Some of the most popular backgrounds are of bookcases because of the classic and stylish impression they give. But if you’ve been secretly using […]
- The 10 Best Bookends For Book LoversOn the lookout for the best bookend for your home? From minimalist bookends to those with an element of fun, we’ve put together the definitive guide to the best bookends currently available today. Let’s get started. Ten of our favourite book ends of 2020 1. OGORI Metal Bookends Heavy Duty Bookends for Shelves […]
- What are the most popular Charles Dickens novels?Wondering the types or simply the number of books that Charles Dickens wrote? Rather than listing his entire repertoire, let’s take a look at his more popular novels, and certainly those which we recommend you get started on as soon as possible! How many books did Charles Dickens write? The surprising answer is that Charles […]
- Mishka – Mike Maroney – Book ReviewMishka is a beautiful story that all children will enjoy and reread. It’s set in the imaginary town of Horridgrad in Russia, where our 9-year protagonist Natasha is sent to stay with her grandfather. There’s a heart-breaking scene at the beginning of the book where Natasha must say a temporary goodbye to her father. He’s […]