Don’t let the bookshop name fool you. Country Books is a blog set up to help avid readers like you to find and review the latest (and greatest) reading material around. Whether you’re here looking for the best types of novels by iconic writers, or are simply looking for reviews of recent published works, we can certainly help.
We’re also not a faceless, corporate blog. I’m James, and it’s my mission to keep this blog up to date and create the type of resource for readers that is going to introduce new books and past works to the masses.
Latest Posts & Content
- The 10 Best Bookends For Book LoversOn the lookout for the best bookend for your home? From minimalist bookends to those with an element of fun, we've put together the definitive guide to the best bookends currently available today. Let's get started. Ten of our favourite book ends of 2020 1. OGORI Metal Bookends Heavy Duty Bookends for Shelves … Read more
- What are the most popular Charles Dickens novels?Wondering the types or simply the number of books that Charles Dickens wrote? Rather than listing his entire repertoire, let's take a look at his more popular novels, and certainly those which we recommend you get started on as soon as possible! How many books did Charles Dickens write? The surprising answer is that Charles … Read more
- Mishka – Mike Maroney – Book ReviewMishka is a beautiful story that all children will enjoy and reread. It’s set in the imaginary town of Horridgrad in Russia, where our 9-year protagonist Natasha is sent to stay with her grandfather. There’s a heart-breaking scene at the beginning of the book where Natasha must say a temporary goodbye to her father. He’s … Read more
- Why are horror books popular?Have you ever been reading a really, really scary book, and wondered why you're scaring yourself, or putting yourself through what can often be a harrowing situation? Much like when watching a horror film that starts to get a little too scary, some horror books leave readers wondering what the point is! So, in the … Read more
- The 10 Best Feminist Books For Empowering Modern WomenThere are so many reasons why we like to read. It might be because we want to switch off from our daily lives and dive into another world to inhabit an interesting character. Or it might be because we want to challenge ourselves, reflect on our biases, listen to other voices and rethink our world … Read more